The Baby Jogger City Mini is one of the popular jogging strollers of the current time.
It is a great tool and a lot of parent’s first choice because of many reasons.
It is especially famous for its weight carrying ability and folds design.
You can fold this jogger within little a moment by using only one hand.
The Baby Jogger City Mini is almost perfect comparing to the other baby joggers.
But it’s a matter of sorrow that there is a problem in the front wheel of the jogger.
The front wheel of the baby jogger automatically locks some time which can cause dangerous situations.
In this content, I will give you a solution of the front wheel lock problem for baby jogger city mini jogging stroller.
Why the Front Wheel Lock Problem Happen?
The Baby Jogger City Mini jogging stroller comes with a lockable swivel front wheel.
The lockable swivel wheel helps to you to use the jogging stroller in different situations.
Such as, when you are in a market or a public place, you will need to move slowly.
As a result, you will need to do steering much more.
The front wheel provides a great assistance for maneuvering the stroller in such places.
It also helps you to move the stroller easily.
On the other hand, the front wheel must be locked at the time of running.
If you run in the swivel mode, the jogging stroller can cause dangerous situations.
When the front wheel is locked the stroller will move in the straight-ahead position.
As a result, there will be less possibility of the accident.
Now, let’s come to the main point.
The front wheel of the Baby Jogger City Mini jogging stroller has some problem.
Sometimes, it automatically locks in the time of wheeling which can cause very dangerous problems anytime.
There is a small piece of metal on the front wheel which causes the problem.
I will show you how to stop the metal from locking in the middle of wheeling in below:
Read the Review of Wheel Locks from TopReviewZone
How to Baby Jogger City Mini Front Wheel Lock Problem?
If you own a Baby Jogger City Mini then you must know the process of solving the wheel lock problem.
from below, I will show you how to solve the wheel lock problem of the Baby Jogger City Mini easily at your home.
Just follow the below steps to stop the wheel from locking:
- At first, remove the front wheel from the baby stroller.
- Give a closure look at the lock mechanism and you will notice a small piece of metal plug goes into a hole on the chassis when you push the lock button and when you push down the metal plug go back inside. If the metal plug goes down then the jogger is okay. But the metal plug will not go back if it is problematic.
- Now, remove the plastic cap with a screwdriver from the rim. You will see a small splint which holds the wheels to the axle.
- Now, you are in the main point of the work and you will need a drill machine for it. Give a careful look in the middle of two wheels. You will see a rivet which holds the pedal. You will need to drill the rivet out carefully. Use a fresh drill bit otherwise, you will end up destroying the whole front wheel.
- Now replace the rivet with a suitable machine screw tightly. Now the lock will be less affected by the spring mechanism which releases the small piece of metal. It will not harm the lock and unlock-ability of the wheel.
The above-given process is very sensitive and a wrong turn can damage your wheel badly. So you have to do the whole process very carefully. If you don’t have experience of drilling previously, then you can take help from a professional.
We use the baby stroller to let the baby see the world without hampering their safety and comfort. But the front wheel lock problem of the Baby Jogger City Mini can interrupt the comfort and safety of your baby. Hopefully, the above technique will help you to solve the problem easily.